Hey family. I had a fun idea for getting my family excited about moving (both in the moving and in the exercising sense of the word). I thought it would be fun to invite the rest of you to join us, so consider this your invitation!
We are going to race across America. Since we will be going from coast to coast this July I thought our path would be fun, it is 3,024 miles!
How it could work:
- Whenever anyone in your family walks, runs, or bikes record the mileage
- Each week, send me your family's miles
- I will tally each family's mileage and pin point where they are on the map each week
- The first family to reach 3,024 miles wins! (of course, we'll all be winners)
If you're interested in joining us in our race, let me know. If you'd rather not follow our path, but a path that starts with where you live and goes someplace 3,000 miles away that's cool too. For instance, Ogden, UT to Caribou, Maine (going through Kentucky) is 3,082 miles and Richland, WA to NYC (going through UT and St. Louis) is 3,015 miles.
When we get together this summer we can even have a race across America party that I will plan (expect it to be epic if everyone participates).
I know that some of us have more people in our families, so that might seem unfair, however, my family may have people, but the younger ones are less likely to be able to contribute much. We can discuss ways of making it more fair, if people are really concerned. Mom, Dad and Dennis would be one team, if they participate.
I think it could be really fun to use as a way to learn about some places along the "road" too.
This is a long term goal (probably about 1 year I think), big goals like this are usually more doable when broken down and rewarded as smaller goals. These can be decided by individual families or we can do it as a whole. Also, if the kids are participating in sports I think we should find a way to include their running there even though it isn't really mileage.
Anyway, I'd love to hear from you and get your thoughts. I was thinking of making T-shirts for anyone who wants to race along!

2 comments:
You always come up with fun things to do. I personally would love to participate, however I am not sure that dad & Dennis will.
Love you tons. Mom
Yay! We are totally in! I think this is a grand idea. I agree with your mom, you always come up with fun things to do. I say we should start this Saturday!!!!!! Woo Hoo!! You can do it Mom, if you want we can let you know when and what we are doing and we'd love to have you come along.
Post a Comment